Week 5 One Room Challenge: Part Two of Install Day Plus Project Recap
Welcome to Week 5 of the One Room Challenge (ORC) and our income property design project. Need to catch up with last week? No problem, just click HERE.
Project scope review…
Ok, here’s our complete renovation checklist for everything we did to update this Airbnb rental space and give it a contemporary boutique feel.
- Removed drop ceiling
- Installed new ceiling
- Added recessed lights
- Installed new floors and molding
- Removed small unused closet
- Painted (Sherwin Williams Grey Screen)
- Installed new wallpaper accent wall
- Spray painted sliding glass closet door trim
- Installed new wall panels to serve as headboards
- Added new window coverings
- Added new accent furniture (dresser and nightstand)
- New accessories including heavily textured pillows, plush faux fur throws, soft bedding, silver decor and new artwork
Install property design process…
Here’s a quick recap of our process to work with the client to deliver an Airbnb space to help them get better reviews. At the time of writing this post, the
- Through surveys and in-person meetings find out what the client envisions for the new space; how will it be used; what’s staying; what’s going; color preferences; lighting needs and the list goes on and on. We also need to learn the type of investment the client wants to make. Not every project needs to be luxury and cost 6 figures.
- Develop an inspiration or mood board to give us ideas for the new space for color, layout, furniture, accessories, and etc.
- Finalized design plans outlining the full renovation as accepted by the client
- Create a product list of what we’re going to shop
- Order and receive products
- Installation services
- Professional photographs
- Final walkthrough and client satisfaction survey
Need to get a handle on your income property project? Click HERE to schedule a free 30-minute consultation so we can talk it over.
Project Costs: We’re at about $15,000-$17,000 for the complete 2 bedroom renovation and at about $6,000-$7,000 just for the bedroom featured during the One Room Challenge for Spring 2019.
Install day highlights
So you may be wondering if we hit any snags?
- This is an active Airbnb listing so there have been a few guests between renovation tasks. Our part two install day started late since the guests checked out late and then we had to wait on the cleaning crew.
- Then, of course, the photographer shows up early!
- It was quite the scene but we managed by shifting priorities to do what we absolutely needed for the photo shoot like mounting the TV and making sure everything was clean.
- The shoot was quick but definitely make sure you agree on the number of pictures before hiring the photographer. Lesson learned as I don’t have as many pro photos as I would like for next week’s reveal but I’ll make it work.
So this week’s post was short and sweet. Come back next week where we’re wrapping things up and will have REVEAL DAY photos to share!
Now it’s time to visit all the other featured and guest designer’s progress so check them out HERE!
Those unexpected hiccups are so frustrating, but I’m sure the room is looking fab! Can’t wait to see the final product! 🙂
Thank you so much for following along!!
There always seems to be snags aren’t there?
Looking forward to seeing the reveal next week!
Yes, always but we managed! Thank you for following along!!